The building was originally constructed in 1959. Until the change of use of the building in 2017 and the operation of Electra Metropolis, it housed the Ministry of Education.
Inside the hotel complex exist some antiquities. These are two parts of an ancient wall, one in the lobby restaurant and one in a multi-use space in the basement. Of great value is also a small chapel dedicated to Agia Dynami that was restored and now stands by the hotel’s entrance.
An important characteristic of the design is the atrium in the centre of the building, extending to all of its nine floors and is visible from the reception as well as all the corridors on the upper floors. On the roof develops a nice restaurant with a pool and bar with breath-taking views at Acropolis and Lycabettus.
Finally, the facade of the building is coated with marble, glass bricks and plaster. The parapets were reconstructed with marble and glass.